WordPress Newsletter Plugin Review
For me, one of the most important plugins you can have for your wordpress powered Blog or Website is a good Newsletter/Mailing List system. Recently, I’ve researched and tested out quite a few both free and paid for and this one is the best I’ve come across so far.
Its called “WordPress Mailing List Plugin” and is available for $54.99 dollars for a single installation ($274.95 for a developer/multi site licence) from Tribulant Software. After having a good look at their online demo, I paid my fee and installed it on my own VPS server. It’s a much smaller (file size) plugin than some of the others I have used but packs quite a rich feature list in. Installation was fine on wordpress 3.0 despite the presence of a ton of other plugins on my blog including one other newsletter plugin.
- GENERATE OFFSITE CODE! (add the sign up form to Facebook, etc..),
- Multiple Different Mailing Lists,
- Email Queueing,
- Publish newsletter as a post and vice versa,
- Paid subscriptions (Paypal & 2CheckOut),
- Email Tracking,
- Add Subscription Checkbox to WordPress comment form,
- Integrates (via extension) with the excellent Gravity Forms plugin,
- Integrates with Tribulant’s Banner Rotator plugin,
- Timed Newsletters/Autoresponders,
- Subscriber deletion on bounce,
- Developer licence version which allows me to use this plugin on as many of my clients sites as I want!
- See full feature list here..
- Double Opt In Auto Subscriptions,
- Full management from the WordPress Admin,
- Sidebar and Post/Page Subscribe Form,
- Add Attachments,
- Import/Export Subscribers,
- Newsletter Templates,
- Professional Newsletter Themes,
- Bounce Email Management,
- Automated Latest Posts Subscription,
- Insert Single or Multiple blog posts into Newsletters,
- Insert Newsletter History into Newsletters,
- Send Newsletter depending on custom field conditions,
- qTranslate Support,
- Ajax Features,
- Unlimited Subscribers, Newsletters and Emails,
- WordPress 3.0 compatible,
- Bit.ly short link tracking,
- IP Subscriber logging,
- Auto-updating via WordPress Admin,
- Register Newsletter subscribers as WordPress users,
- Notification Email template editing,
- Different Admin email per mailing list,
- Export Newsletter History.
The KILLER feature is probably the ability to generate ‘offsite’ code which allows you to embed the newsletter signup on any other non-wordpress site including Facebook Pages. I have it on my own one here - Facebook.com/ReverbStudiosDesign.
Of particular issue to me was the Import/Export functions. I needed to port my existing list from my previous plugin and this was a pretty simple procedure except for a slight complication caused by the old system.
Creating new Lists and Emails/Newsletters is a breeze and sending them out was error free.
If you need a comprehensive email newsletter solution that covers all bases but is easy enough to use, paying for this is well worth it!
This Article has had 7,358 views so far.
Posted in Reviews on June 18th, 2009
Tags: wordpress mailing list, wordpress newsletter plugin
Follow responses to this article through the RSS 2.0 feed.
leave a Comment, or Trackback from your own site.
About Reverb Studios Design
Reverb Studios is an affordable Web & Digital Design studio based in Leitrim, Ireland and specialising in Wordpress Website Design, Graphic Design and Photo Editing.
3 adobe air bebo blogging broadband broadband leitrim curiosity rover ebay facebook free stuff goodseed pr google google analytics graphic design gravity forms iphone ivf leitrim blog leitrim broadband leitrim county council linkedin mobile broadband myspace national broadband scheme online backup online marketing photo composition photo editing photo restoration photoshop recession search engine optimization seo social media social media marketing social networking technology blog Twitter web design web design blog wordpress wordpress plugins wordpress security wordpress themes youtube